Apr 10, 2016

Decisions! Decisions!

I hear some people say it's either by luck, chance or prayer when your kid gets into their first choice or any one of the many colleges that they have applied to during the college process. I can so understand when they say that, since I can now say that at this point I have gone through the process and know what to expect.



All the planning, researching, tutoring, testing, applications, deadlines and waiting patiently has lead to the light at the end of the tunnel. With great anticipation all acceptance and rejection letters have come in and now its decision making time.

Thinking over this whole process that started back in the fall of her junior year and here we are now almost at the end of the journey. It was exciting, puzzling and stressful all at the same time.

When I entered this college process with my daughter, It was difficult for me to step back and let her take the lead, but I knew I had to. This was the beginning of her journey to being an adult. It was hard, but knowing that she had her guidance counselor at school and her mentors at her after school programs working with her to facilitate the process gave me a peace of mind.

However, the parent in me at times couldn't resist the urge to question and remind her about important deadlines or check to see how things are going, even though, I know she is meticulous when it comes keeping and updating her calendar/to do list.


Now we are at the decision stage, more school tours, lots of taking notes, comparing schools and conversation will be happening over the next two - three weeks.  May 1 is decision day.

I will be sharing more about this process, my personal experiences and my thoughts about the college process when it's final.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...