Apr 11, 2016

7 Day Gratitude Challenge - Day 1

Today I decided to challenge myself to blog post for 7 straight days. Gratitude is a topic that is always at the front of my mind. I have so much to be grateful for in my life and at times it doesn't always show. So to keep it in the front of my mind this week. I am challenging myself to post for sevens days, what I am grateful for each day. Today's begins the first post. 

Gratitudethe quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.




Today's Gratitude - I am grateful for waking up this morning "Pain Free" 

Last week Tuesday while at the gym, I experienced the worst toothache that stopped me right in my tracks. I was in the middle of working out when this pain came out of no where. I had to immediately find the nearest pharmacy so I could purchase some Tylenol.

If you have ever experienced pain and taken over the counter medication, you know it temporarily relieves the pain and the effects don't last long. I found myself taking two Tylenol every 4 -5 hours.

This occurred in the evening, no dentist office open for to me call or go to. I suffered with the pain off and on all night and got very little sleep. The next morning I called my dentist office and couldn't get an appointment until Thursday afternoon. See I am very fearful of the dentist so the chance of me going to someone that I don't know was not going to happen.

I had to make it through Wednesday and the morning of Thursday. I called my doctor and she was able to call in a prescription to my local pharmacy for something stronger to hold me over until my appointment the next day.

No only was I in pain, I wasn't able to eat soft foods. Just touching my wisdom tooth shot pain through out my entire body.

It's been a long time since I have had any type of excruciating pain that totally took over my life. The morning after getting my tooth pulled and everyday after I wake up feeling so grateful for being Pain Free.


What are you grateful for today?




1 comment:

  1. Gratitude is a topic that is very close to my heart; I wake up with gratitude and sleep and rest with gratitude for the very breath of my life. I am also grateful for everything basic i have, food, clothing, shelter, family, security, meaningful work, lovely friends and good health. Thanks for helping relive and affirm myself for everything I have...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...