Feb 19, 2016

Tips for Eating Healthy on the Job

For those of you that work outside the home,you know the struggle with trying to eat healthy when you're at work. Every where I turn at the work place there is temptation. It start out with the reception area, bowls of bit size pieces of individually wrapped chocolate, mints and hard candy.




Then there is the kitchen, vending machines filled with healthy and not so healthy options. At least once a week someone leaves a cake or a container of goodies that was received from a client on one of the tables in the kitchen.

Then you have these co-workers that bake on the weekends and they bring in a batch of homemade brownies or cookies for the team every week.

How in the world am I suppose to stay focused on my healthy eating journey if I am surrounded by such temptation.

Here is my trick for fighting this evilness.


I meal prep on the weekends. I bring my breakfast and lunch four to five days week. If I don't bring my lunch. I usually get a large kale salad loaded with lots of veggies or I will order salmon and veggies from a local restaurant.

Along with breakfast and lunch I prep my snacks also. I always keep healthy snacks on hand so I am not tempted to over indulge. My snack bag usually contains;


  • Popcorn
  • Fruits 
  • Pretzels
  • Hummus
  • Peanut butter sandwich on low calorie whole wheat bread
  • Vegetable - carrots, cucumbers
  • Nuts
Now there are times that I will sample some of the goodies, but in moderation. If I feel like having a piece of candy. I will only help myself to two individually wrapped pieces of candy and no more. 

If there are cookies or brownies I will take a very small piece,  enough to enjoy and savor the flavor without over indulging and having regrets. 

How do you fight this evilness on the job? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...